An initial public offering (IPO) refers to the process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Public share issuance allows a company to raise capital from public investors. The transition from a private to a public company can be an important time for private investors to fully realize gains from their investment as it typically includes share premiums for current private investors. Meanwhile, it also allows public investors to participate in the offering.
- An initial public offering (IPO) refers to the process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance.
- Companies must meet requirements by exchanges and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to hold an initial public offering (IPO).
- IPOs provide companies with an opportunity to obtain capital by offering shares through the primary market.
- Companies hire investment banks to market, gauge demand, set the IPO price and date, and more.
- An IPO can be seen as an exit strategy for the company’s founders and early investors, realizing the full profit from their private investment.
Our IPO Advisory execution services include:
- All aspects of pre-IPO planning
- Review and diligence of the Company’s business plan
- Preparation for and anticipation of underwriters’ due diligence issues
- Assistance with underwriter selection and negotiation
- Proactive management of the working group including underwriters and legal counsel
- Coordination and interaction with research analysts
- Assistance in prospectus drafting and diligence
- Management preparation with roadshow materials and Q&A
- Transaction structuring and pricing advice
- Post IPO support and advice
Advantages & Strengths
- A leading position in primary market distribution for Equity and Debt
- Strong reach – a network of over 600 well-trained IPO advisors / associates across the nation
- Access to PL’s primary market research for IPO advice
- Pre and Post issue live feedback
- IPO funding facility for Retail and HNI’s
- Regular updates on ongoing and forthcoming issues to investors
- Online IPO application service